Fin Fun wants to show you how to make a cute decoration for your locker or in your bathroom where you get ready!
Easy DIY Mermaid Mirror
Everything that you need to make a beautiful DIY Mermaid Mirror. Perfect for every sized mirror from a hand held mirror to a large wall mirror. DIY idea for mermaids at heart or those who love a costal feel in their homes.
What you need:
- Mirror (and size or shaper will work)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Pearls, gems, sand, or beads to accent your mirror
- Magnet Strip (optional)
Time: 20-30 minutes
1. First gather all of the supplies that you will need and find a clean comfortable place to make your craft. We used a 10 inch round mirror, that was purchased from a craft store. You can use any size or shape mirror with or without a frame.
*When you are picking your mirror be sure to think about how much space you want to leave. If you want to see more of the mirror make sure you get a larger mirror as the shells will take up some additional room.
2. Arrange your shells, pearls, gems, and any other objects on the mirror without gluing them, this way you can see what design you like the best! You can use shells that you have collected from your most recent mermaid adventure or you can purchase them at any craft store. We used a small bag of shells and one string of pearls for our 10 inch mirror. There is no need to go the whole way around your mirror if you do not want to , you can design it any way you like!
3. Once you are happy with your design start gluing your shells onto your mirror a piece at a time.
4. If you want to make this a locker mirror like we did, cut a 3-4 inch strip of magnet and hot glue it to the back of your mirror. You an also use a string or ribbon to hang your mirror.